Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Note to Readers

My days as a temporary omnivore in Paris are a thing of the past, but I’m not quite finished with this blog.  I'm eating vegetarian now but am planning to have one last meat-containing meal with Tristan when I get back to New York in September, and, until then, I’ll keep posting here (with a little less frequency than usual).  How does America’s food system look up close to someone who’s been eating in France for a year?  What are the symptoms of meat withdrawal?  How difficult will it be to say no to barbecue-proffering family members I haven’t seen in more than a year?  Stay tuned to find out.

1 comment:

Nora said...

I am proffering barbecue! If you don't take it, I'll make fun of you until you cry.
Seriously, I have to change my answer to the "What meat do you have to pry out of my cold dead hands?" question-- I can live without bacon. I can live without barbecue too, but that would be a sad, sad life.